Valentine’s Day is the time to treat your special someone. But it isn’t easy to pleasure their tastebuds and waste-line at the same time. This delicious chocolate cake is the solution! Scroll down for a video, printable recipe card and more info.
- 2 cups cold cooked quinoa
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup of coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a cake pan.
- Blend quinoa, butter, eggs, milk, and vanilla extract together in a blender until smooth.
- Combine sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. Stir quinoa mixture from blender into sugar mixture until batter is well combined. Fold chocolate chips (and pecans) into batter; pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Cool cake on a wire rack.
- While your cake is baking, pour chocolate chips, coconut oil and vanilla extract into a pot.
- Stir as you melt the mixture over a low heat stove.
- Remove from heat when fully melted and let cool.
- Once cool whip to desired texture before spreading on cake top.