Easter holiday is about to spring into action. We love it, because it’s another excuse to gather around the table with friends and family and enjoy delicious home-made goodies. This Easter, we’ve decided to give you a special gift. A family secret recipe to an age old treat. The Yorkshire Pudding. Simple as it may be, there is a special secret that will turn your regular Yorkshires, into an out-standing feature on your holiday banquet table!
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups of warm milk. (Almost hot, but not scorched.)
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 of a cup of flour
(Depending on the dryness of the flour. The consistency is important!)
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of pepper
- Half a cup of vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F (about 200°C) on convection bake.
- In bottom of muffin pan, add oil to just cover the bottoms of the cups. Place muffin pan on baking sheet to catch any spill over during cooking. Once preheated, place tray in oven to heat.
- In saucepan heat milk until warm to the touch but do not scald. Remove from heat.
- In a nice big bowl, whisk in 6 eggs, salt/pepper.
- Add flour slowly (but not so slow that the milk gets cold) while whisking to reach the consistency of loose pancake batter.
Batter should be able to run down the sides of the batter bowl.
- Once the pan is hot and starting to smoke in the oven, carefully remove the muffin pan and fill each cup ¾ full until the oil just starts to spill over the edge of the cups (Don’t be alarmed if they oil sizzles.)
- Place in oven for approximately 40 minutes and watch them grow!
- Once they peak, drop the temperature to 350* and bake for another 15 min. This will keep them full and inflated once removed from the oven.
- Remove from heat and enjoy.
The secret is to keep it hot.
Hot pan, hot oil, warm milk.
[We actually took a little too long to get our batter into the pan and our pan went into the oven somewhat cold because we were taking extra time to film. If we had been able to go a little faster, our Yorkshires would have been even bigger!]
Wolf Dual Fuel Range
We don’t just love cooking yummy stuff. We LOVE appliances! In this video we used the Wolf Dual Fuel Range, one of our favourite luxury ranges. Check out our review video here. Or you can watch Wolf’s own video here.