Summer is coming! How is your this year’s health plan going? Healthy food can be a little more demanding than expected. But cooking quinoa doesn’t have to be a feat of skill and endurance. In fact, this little side dish took an easy 30 minutes and gives the best of both worlds, flavour and nutrition, without piling up the calories! No lie!
Haley admitted that quinoa wasn’t her first choice because she was scared to burn it. But Darryl reassures her with a few good tips and some friendly reassurance while whipping up his beautiful 3 quinoa pilaf on one of our favourite kitchen appliances, the Wolf Dual Fuel Range. Watch the video and scroll down for the recipe, photos and a printable infographic.
- Olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 mushrooms minced
- 2 cups quinoa
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons low sodium chicken soup base
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Parsley
- Bring 4 cups of water and chicken base to a boil then set aside.
- Place quinoa in a large sieve and rinse it until the water runs clear.
- Heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil on medium high heat in a 3-4 quart pot.
- Add the garlic, onion, celery, and mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally until the onions are translucent, but not browned.
- Add the drained quinoa and cook, stirring occasionally for a couple more minutes. You can let some of the quinoa get a little toasted. No biggie.
- Reduce the heat to low so that the quinoa and water are simmering while the pot is partially covered (enough to let out some steam).
- Simmer for 20 minutes, or until the quinoa is tender and the water has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat add parsley and fluff up with a fork.
You can let some of the quinoa get a little toasted. ~ No biggie.
Wolf Dual Fuel Range
We don’t just love cooking yummy stuff. We LOVE appliances! In this video we used the Wolf Dual Fuel Range, one of our favourite luxury ranges. Check out our review video here. Or you can watch Wolf’s own video here. Or take a look at our 48″ Dual Fuel Thermador review here.