Impressing your guests with cookery is always fun! But bridging the divide between deliciousness and prettiness can be challenging. Chef Darryl’s Roselinni is the perfect solution. As beautiful as a rose, and as rich in flavour as home-made, cheesy lasagne.
- 1 pkg fresh pasta sheets or 4 6x 10 homemade sheets of pasta 1/8” thick
- 400g peppered ham
- Fresh parmesan finely shredded
- Italian herbs (rosemary, basil, oregano, thyme)
- 300g thin sliced mozzarella
- Garlic puree
- 2-pints of home-made tomato sauce
- 1 pint heavy cream
- Lay out pasta sheets length wise going away from you.
- Brush sheets with garlic puree and lightly sprinkle with herbs.
- Lay ham over pasta sheets covering width and end to end.
- Lay cheese on top covering width and end to end.
- Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Tightly roll the pasta getting out as much air as you can. Slice roll into approx 2 inch lengths, you should get 3 per roll.
- In a separate pot heat 1 pint of pasta sauce and cream 50/50. Let reduce to rose color and slightly thick.
- In oven baking dish place 1 pint of plain tomato sauce, place rolls pinwheel end up and butter top lightly and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake 30 min uncovered or until rolls start to open slightly and top browns.
- Serve placed on rose sauce with fresh basil garnish. Serves 4
Keep the rolls tight.
And finish with a squeeze.
Recipe Card coming soon…
We don’t just love cooking yummy stuff. We LOVE appliances! In this video we used the Wolf Dual Fuel Range, one of our favourite luxury ranges. Check out our review video here. Or you can watch Wolf’s own video here. Or take a look at our 36″ Dual Fuel Thermador review here.